I am having 12 years of teaching experience after M.E. and one year post Ph.D. experience
accomplishing with different roles and responsibilities. I have published 5 papers in highly reputed
Scopus Indexed journals with cumulative impact factor of 20, Citations 62 and h-index of 4. Winner of
Research Peace Award 2019-20 awarded by RULA AWARDS under the title “Best Researcher in
Biodiesel and Emission Control in IC Engines” and Bharath Vikas Award 2019 in the field of “Pollution
and Emission Control”.
Ph.D. in IC Engine, Anna University, Chennai. October 2018 – Highly commented.
M.E. in Computer Aided Design passed from K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology,
Tiruchengode, India in July 2007. Marks – 77 %; Class – First. (Anna University, Chennai).
B.E. in Automobile Engineering passed from I. R. T. T., Erode, India in April 1992.
Marks – 64.28 %; Class – First. (Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore).
GATE / ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS PASSED: TANCET-2005 conducted by Anna University,
AREAS OF INTEREST:
Alternate fuels, Emission and control techniques, I.C. Engines, Automobile Engineering, Design,
Federal Technical and
Vocational Education and
Training Institute, Ethiopia
24.11.2019 To-date 0.1 years
KCG College of Technology,
Chennai 21.01.2019 28.10.2019 0.9 years
K.S.R. College of Engineering,
Tiruchengode 02.07.2012 29.12.2018 6.6 years
K.S.R. College of Engineering,
Tiruchengode 01.06.2011 30.06.2012 1.1 years
Annai Mathammal Sheela
Engineering College, Namakkal 06.06.2007 28-05-2011 4 years
K.S.R. Institute of Technology,
Tiruchengode 01.06.2000 31.05.2005 5 years
7 Lecturer K.S.R. Institute of Technology, 03.06.1992 31.05.2000 8 years Tiruchengode
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES HELD:
Board of Studies
Preparation of curriculum and syllabus for Automobile Engineering
department under autonomous scheme for various Regulations.
Academic counseling meeting.
NBA & NAAC
Maintaining NBA related files for Automobile & Mechanical
Engineering Department and internal academic auditing for quality
3 Academic Auditor Conduct internal auditing for academic assessment and review.
4 Exam Coordinator
Conduct examination for internal assessments, guiding students for
elective course selection, scheduling, assessment of internal marks.
Organizing Technical Symposiums.
Organizing Guest Lectures.
Organizing Seminars & Workshops.
6 HOD Incharge Monitoring the department activities, mentoring of students, lab
equipment purchase & erection.
7 Class Advisor Students counseling, students record maintaining, internal
assessment of students, arranging industrial visit, parents meeting.
CAD/CAM TOOLS EXPOSURE:
Operating system : Windows 98, Windows XP
Drafting /Modeling Software : AutoCAD 2016, Solid Edge v20.0, Solidworks 2019
Analysis Software : Ansys v10.0, Femap with Nastran v9.3
CNC Software : Fanuc coding for Turning and Milling, NX Cam
MEMBERSHIP : Life member in ISTE, IAENG, UAMAE (IRED), WRC, ISRLeaders Club
AWARDS & RECOGNITION:
Research Peace Award 2019-20 titled “Best Researcher in Biodiesel and Emission Control in IC
Engines” awarded by RULA AWARDS.
2019 Marquis Who’s Who in the World listee.
Bharat Vikas Award 2019 in the field of “Pollution and Emission Control”.
Reviewer in the following highly reputed journals
Applied Energy Journal (Elsevier Publication)
Fuel Journal (Elsevier Publication)
Energy Conversion and Management (Elsevier Publication)
Journal of Nanostructure in Chemistry (Springer Berlin Heidelberg Publication)
Environmental Science and Pollution Research (Springer Berlin Heidelberg Publication)
Part A: Journal of Power and Energy (SAGE Publication)
Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences (NISCAIR Publication)
International Conference on Energy Engineering and Environmental Protection (IOP Conference
Bentham Science Publishers
The Open Ecology Journal
PUBLICATIONS & CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS:
No. of papers : 05 (International Journals)
Cumulative Impact Factor : Scopus – 21, Others – 2.24
Citation & h-index : Citations – 77, h-index – 4, i10-index – 3
FDP/NPTEL Courses: IC Engines and Gas Turbines
1. Varatharaju Perumal, M. Ilangkumaran. The influence of copper oxide nano particle added
pongamia methyl ester biodiesel on the performance, combustion and emission of a diesel
engine. Fuel 232,2018, pp.791– 802. (Publisher: Elsevier,Scopus Indexed, Impact Factor 5.128).
2. Varatharaju Perumal, M. Ilangkumaran. Experimental analysis of operating characteristics of a
direct injection diesel engine fuelled with cleome viscosa biodiesel. Fuel, 224, 2018, pp. 379-387.
(Publisher: Elsevier, Scopus Indexed, Impact Factor 5.128).
3. Varatharaju Perumal, M. Ilangkumaran. Water emulsified hybrid pongamia biodiesel as a
modified fuel for the experimental analysis of performance, combustion and emission characteristics
of a direct injection diesel engine. Renewable Energy, 121, 2018, pp. 623-631. (Publisher:
Elsevier, Scopus Indexed, Impact Factor 5.439).
4. Varatharaju Perumal, M. Ilangkumaran. Experimental analysis of engine performance, combustion
and emission using pongamia biodiesel as fuel. Energy, 129 (15), 2017, pp. 228-236. (Publisher:
Elsevier, Scopus Indexed, Impact Factor 5.537).
5. Varatharaju Perumal, M. Ilangkumaran. Performance and emission characteristics of Direct
Injection Diesel Engine by using water Emulsified Diesel as fuel. International Journal of
Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Sciences. Vol.5. Issue 5, 2017, pp. 476-484.
(DIIF Impact Factor 2.24).
1. Experimental Study and Analysis of Exhaust Emission Level Reduction in Gasoline Engine by
introducing Isopropyl alcohol as gasoline additive. International Conference of Emerging Trends in
Engineering Technology Management & Sciences, ICEETMS – 2019 on 23rd and 24th September,
Organized by Ashoka Institute of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad.
2. Automatic Ground Clearance Adjustment System of Automotive Vehicle. National Level
Conference on Recent Advancements in Mechanical Engineering RAME-18 held on 22
2018 at Nandha College of Technology, Erode.
3. Performance and emission characteristics of Direct Injection Diesel Engine by using water
Emulsified Diesel as fuel. International Conference on Research Trends in Engineering, Applied
Science and Management (ICRTESM-2017) held on 23rd April, 2017 at National Institute of
Technical Teachers Training & Research (NITTTR), MHRD, Govt. of India, Chandigarh.
4. Pneumatic disc brake system by using engine exhaust gas fuelled pongamia biodiesel. National Level
Conference on Recent Advancements in Mechanical Engineering RAME-17 held on 28th March,
2017 at Nandha College of Technology, Erode.
5. The role of pongamia biodiesel in environmental sustainability and emission control as a transport
fuel used in diesel engines. National Conference on Technologies for Green Mobilty NCTGM ’17
held on 20 &22 March 2017 at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam.
6. An experimental and analytical study on the performance, combustion and emission characteristics
of CI engine by using blends of jatropha. National conference on Intelligent Automation in
Manufacturing and Automotive Technologies IAMAT 2015 held on 27th March, 2015 at Sri
Ramakrishna Institute of Technology, Coimbatore.
TRAINING & PROGRAMME ATTENDED:
1. National seminar on “DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS IN BIOPROCESS OPTIMIZATION” on 4th
and 5th January, 2018 sponsored by Department of Science & Technology Science and Engineering
2. Seminar on “Patent Filing in India and Other Countries” on 8th August, 2016 at K.S.R. College of
3. National Level Seminar on “Safety Analysis of Nuclear Power Plant using Computational and Fuzzy
Techniques” sponsored by Science and Engineering Research Board on 3rd and 4th May, 2016.
4. International Level Workshop on “JOURNAL PAPER WRITING AND PREPARATION OF
WINNER RESEARCH PROPOSAL” at K.S.R. College of Engineering, Tiruchengode from
19.08.2015 to 20.08.2015.
5. National level workshop on “BLOOMS TAXONOMY AND ITS ASSESSMENTS” at K.S.R.
College of Engineering, Tiruchengode on 20.03.2015.
6. Training Program on “CNC TURNING, MILLING PROGRAMMING & MACHINE
OPERATIONS Using MTAB Equipment” by M/s MTAB TECHNOLOGY CENTRE from
07.06.2010 to 12.06.2010.
7. Technical training on “UGS VELOCITY SERIES” ( SOLID EDGE, FEMAP, NX and NX CAM
EXPRESS) by M/s Empower Ltd. at Annai Mathammal Sheela Engineering College, Namakkal
from 24.10.2007 to 26.10.2007 & 30.10.2007.
1. Three days Skill Development Program (SDP) titled “Autonomous Vehicles” at KCG College of
Technology, Chennai from 01.08.2019 to 03.08.2019.
2. Three days Value Added Program on the topic “Certified Solidworks Associate Programme
(CSWA)” at KCG College of Technology, Chennai from 26.06.2019 to 28.06.2019.
3. One day workshop on the topic “ 3D Printing for Automobile and Aeronautical Engineers” at KCG
College of Technology, Chennai on 25.06.2019.
4. Two day National Level Workshop titled “Advanced IC Engines” at K.S.R. College of Engineering,
Tiruchengode from 23.02.2017 to 24.02.2017.
5. One day seminar on “Environmental Sustainability through Research and Development” on
09.09.2016 at K.S.R. College of Engineering, Tiruchengode.
6. One day workshop on “Automotive Engine and Vehicle Technology” at K.S.R. College of
Engineering, Tiruchengode on 12.08.2015.
7. One day seminar on “Present Scenario of Automobile Industries” on 10.01.2015 at K.S.R. College of
8. One day seminar on “Recent trends in automobile electronics” at K.S.R. College of Engineering,
Tiruchengode on 07.10.2013.
9. One day seminar “Best Practices in Automotive Industry” on 04.07.2012 at K.S.R. College of
Engineering, Tiruchengode on 07.10.2013.
10. One day Seminar on “Emission Control Methods and Norms for Automotive Vehicles” on
20.12.2011 at K.S.R. College of Engineering, Tiruchengode on 07.10.2013.
11. Two Day National Level Workshop on “Solidworks for SAE Competitions” at K.S.R. College of
Engineering, Tiruchengode from 26.08.2011 to 27.08.2011
Name : VARATHARAJU P
Date of birth & Age : 07.05.1971; 48 Years
Sex : Male
Fathers name : Perumal P
Marital status : Married
Language known : Tamil and English
Nationality & Religion : Indian, Hindu