Associated professor in the International University of Catalonia
Physiotherapist in a Primary Care Center of the Catalan Institute of Health
Member of the: Primary Health Care Research Group in Pathology of the Locomotor System
– Ph.D. in Sport and Health Sciences – University of Zaragoza (2016)
– Master in Orthopedic Manual Therapy – University of Zaragoza (2013)
– Master in Primary Health Investigation – Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (2012)
– Physiotherapist Degree – University of Zaragoza (1994)
R& D PROJECTS FUNDED THROUGH COMPETITIVE CALLS
– Effectiveness of transverse abdominis muscle training in patients with chronic low back
– Effectiveness of two suboccipital manual techniques in pain and blood pressure in patients with chronic cervicalgia. (2011)
– II International OMT-E Congress. Best Communication Prize. 2013
– Catalan Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Best Research Work. 2013
– 1st OMT-E Congress. Second Best Communication Prize. 2010
– National FREMAP Congress of Physiotherapy. Second Best Communication Prize. 2007
1. Short- and mid-term effects of adding upper cervical manual therapy to a conventional physical therapy program in patients with chronic mechanical neck pain. Randomized controlled clinical trial. Clinical Rehabilitation. 2020. doi/10.1177/0269215520965054
2. The supporting role of the teres major muscle, an additional component in glenohumeral stability? An anatomical and radiological study. Medical Hypothesis. 2020;141:109728.
3. Comparative study of the effects of two inhibitory suboccipital techniques in non-symptomatic subjects with limited cervical mobility. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. 2018;31(6):1193-1200.
4. Efectivitat de l’entrenament muscular del transvers de l’abdomen en pacients amb dolor lumbar crònic. Actualitzacions en Fisioteràpia. 2018:15:5-15.
5. Effectiveness of diacutaneous fibrolysis for the treatment of chronic lateral epicondylalgia: a randomized clinical trial. Clinical Rehabilitation. 2018;32(5):644-653.
6. Effectiveness of a specific manual approach to the suboccipital region in patients with chronic mechanical neck pain and rotation deficit in the upper cervical spine: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2017;18:384.
7. Functional Massage of the Teres Major Muscle in Patients with Subacromial Impingement Syndrome. A Randomized Controlled Case Series Study. International Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Case Reports. 2016;8(1):1-10.