Dr. Narayanamurthy Sundaramurthy M.B.,B.S., M.S., M.R.C.S(ENG), M.Ch.(Plastic Surgery) 9159399779
M.B., B.S – JIPMER, 2000-06
M.S. (Gen Surgery) – Govt. Stanley Medical College and hospitals, Chennai, 2007–10
MRCS (England) – January 2014.
M.Ch (Plastic and reconstructive surgery) – IPGMER and SSKM hospitals, Kolkata, 2011-14
POST M.Ch EXPERIENCE
1. Asst. Professor at Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Pondicherry. September 2014-January 2015
2. Junior Consultant at Chennai Plastic Surgery, Chennai. February 2015-July 2015
3. Assistant Professor at Saveetha Medical College – July 2015 – Dec 2018
4. Associate Professor at Saveetha Medical College – Dec 2018 – Present
1. 15 days Observer-ship in Microvascular Surgery in TATA MEDICAL CENTRE, Mumbai
2. Visiting Scholarship in Reconstructive microsurgery under Prof. Fu Chan Wei at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan.
3. Observership and trainee in FUT and FUE hair transplant. Medispa, Jaipur.
4. Visiting Scholarship in Trunk and extremity unit of Plastic and reconstructive surgery at Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea under Prof Joon Pio Hong.
Member of Royal College of Surgeons of England Indian Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry Association of Plastic Surgeons (TANPAPS) Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI)
Indian Society for Peripheral Nerve Surgery Brachial plexus group of India
Diabetic Foot Society of India Indian Society for surgery of Hand
Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
• Comparison between ORIF with and without primary bone grafting in facial fractures – PLASTICON 2014
• Why borrow from Perter when Paul can offord it? – Reverse homodigital artery flap for fingertip reconstruction – TANPAPS, 2017
• To make a plan and a pattern for the plan – Virtual surgery planning and model surgery in Craniosynostosis management – TANPAPS, 2019
• Replacing like with like – Superficial palmar branch of radial artery flap in fingertip reconstruction – TANPAPS, 2019
• “Plastic and Reconstructive surgery” – Do our undergraduate medical students have adequate awareness about it? Can we do something to improve their exposure, knowledge and interest in it? – TANPAPS, 2020
• Winning team in plastic surgery quiz in PLASTICON 2014
• 3rd place team in plastic surgery quiz in PLASTICON 2013
• Contributed to achievement of Guinness World Record for “ Most people in a CPR Relay” awarded to Saveetha University on 7th April, 2016
• Contributed to achievement of Guinness World Record for “Most people to complete CPR training in 24 hours” awarded to Saveetha University on 7th April, 2016.
AREA OF INTEREST
• Reconstructive Microsurgery
• Cleft and craniofacial surgery
• Aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery
• Peripheral nerve surgery
• Diabetic foot care